Prison Books Workdays Every Sunday from 1 – 4 pm in Carrboro.
Visit prisonbooks.info for more information.
Find us on Facebook for events and posts you can use to share these events with friends and comrades!
Want more info about an event? Email us at ibooks [at] internationalistbooks.org!
- January 4 - “The Garden”, 7:00 pm ”The Garden,” a story about the South Central Farmers of urban Los Angeles who fight landlords, politicians, and police in their efforts to maintain the largest autonomous urban farm in the country.
- January 7 - Brody Wood, Brody Wood, antiassimilationist queer writer from Maine, will read poems about dysphoria, trauma, living with an injury, and falling in love. http://brodyxwood.com/, 7:00 pm
- January 8 - Trans Discussion Group (open), 8:00 pm
- January 9 - Graffiti Movie Night “Vigilante, Vigilante”, 7:00 pm “Vigilante Vigilante”: a new breed of crime-fighter stalks the urban landscape: the anti-graffiti vigilante. These dedicated blight-warriors stop at nothing to rid their neighborhoods & cities of street art, stickers, tags, and posters.
- January 15 - Political Prisoner Letter Writing Night, 7pm
- January 22 - Trans Discussion Group (closed), 8:00 pm
- November 1 - Queer Youth Drop-In Night, 5 – 8 pm
- November 4 - Climate Chaos Reading Group, 7:00 pm
- November 5 – Graffiti Movie Night “Bomb It”, 7:00 pm
- November 6 - Trans Discussion Group (closed), 8:00 pm
- November 8 – Queer Youth Drop-In Night, 5 – 8 pm
- November 9 – Folk Punk Show w/ Billy Liar, Rio de la Muerte, and Elayna Madden
- November 11 – Climate Chaos Reading Group, 7:00 pm
- November 12 – Colombian Activist Anibal Perez on tour with Witness for Peace Southeast, 8:00 pm
- November 13 – Political Prisoner Letter Writing Night, 7:00 pm
- November 15 – Queer Youth Drop-In Night, 5 – 8 pm
- November 18 – Climate Chaos Reading Group, 7:00 pm
- November 19 – Graffiti Movie Night “Infamy”, 7:00 pm
- November 20 – Trans Discussion Group (open), 8:00 pm
- November 23 – Carrboro Anarchist Bookfair
- October 8 – Queer Folk Punk Show, 7:00 pm
- October 9 – Author event with George Ciccariello-Maher, author of “We Created Chávez: A People’s History of the Venezuelan Revolution”
- October 16 – Political Prisoner Letter Writing Night, 7:00 pm
- October 23 – Trans Discussion Group (open), 8:00 pm
- October 25 – Queer Youth Drop In Launch Event, 5:00 – 8:00 pm
- October 26 – Annual Internationalist Books Members Meeting! 3:00 – 5:00 pm at Vimala’s
- October 31 – Haunted House Fundraiser for Internationalist Books and the WCHA @ 621 Hillsborough Rd, Carrboro
- Sunday October 13 Benefit Dinner for International Campaign for Justice in Bhopal @ Vimala’s Curryblossom Cafe at 431 W. Franklin St. in Chapel Hill, featuring Ayurvedic dishes with a focus on just access to food and appropriate medicine for all.
- Monday October 14 Free Screening of Bhopali @ University of North Carolina Chapel Hill where a Bhopal disaster survivor will speak about his experiences and this struggle for justice. Event sponsored by Carolina Asia Center, the UNControllables and Croatan Earth First!6 p.m. – 9 p.m.@ Hanes Art Auditorium 121
September 7th – September 14th – Sliding Scale Sidewalk Sale!
- September 4th – Panel on Internationalist Books and Social Movements in Chapel Hill/Carrboro (Radical Rush Event), 4:00 pm
- September 9th – Radical Rush Finale Event, 7:00 pm
- September 11th – Trans Discussion Group (closed), 8:00 pm
- September 18th – September Political Prisoner Letter Writing Night
- September 25th – Trans Discussion Group (open), 8:00 pm
- September 19th – “Sowing Struggle: Social movements and the future of corn in Tlaxcala, Mexico,” a talk with a member of Chicago’s Mexico Solidarity Network and Mexican organizer Luz Rivera Martinez. There will be a conversation at Vimala’s Curryblossom Cafe at from 3:00 – 5:00 and a presentation on campus at UNC at 6:00.
- August 14th – Trans Discussion Group (closed), 8:00 pm
- August 16th – “The Issues Are Not The Issue” Debate, 6:00 pm
- August 17th – Live Broadcast from the Earth First! Newswire!, 2:00 pm
- August 21st – August Political Prisoner Letter Writing Night
- August 28th – Trans Discussion Group (open), 8:00 pm