Nowadays, people are becoming more dependent on technology. You will see different ages around carrying a mobile phone, a laptop, a tablet and other gadgets. With these things with them, they can easily get access to information such as subjects on DIY. One can actually learn chain link fencing or simple plumbing in no time. However, how does internet really affect us when it comes to increasing our knowledge?
Using the Internet to Build Knowledge, Skills and Mastery
- Through the internet, you may enroll in online courses that can help develop your ability.
- In the present, a lot of people are taking online courses particularly in learning how to speak a language, commonly English. Most people taking online courses are from the Asia who are trying to learn how to speak English for them to be able to pass English Tests, interviews or so they could use it in their daily lives which can be beneficial in the career development.
- You can look for a tutor online to help you with you Academic Subjects.
- As a person, we all have our own weaknesses and strengths. It’s like what the saying goes “nobody is perfect”, so to deal with our weaknesses we have to do some practice or ask help from others to fill in our knowledge and be more familiar with the subject or to widen more our understanding. For instance, if you are not in good in numbers and needed someone who can explain to you a formula in a better way, then you can just simply search one on the internet.
- Looking for helpful resources
- In our everyday life, we all have our own tasks that require information which is simply beyond our knowledge. Particularly for students who are given tasks that need research and helpful resources. The internet will be the most helpful and convenient tool for them to use to look for specific information.
With these 3 major benefits, most people think that internet is the best thing since sliced bread. However, every coin has 2 sides. Meaning, although beneficial in our everyday routine, we have to learn how to control ourselves and to be very dependent on it. We must learn how to look for other options, in case internet is not available in other situations. Indeed, the internet is one way to educate outside the classroom.